Monday, December 20, 2010

Vegan Eating Week 1 Complete

Wow. Well, I feel pretty good.  This is especially amazing since aside from Saturday dinner, I ate hummus and whole wheat pita bread all weekend.  Long story short, Boyfriend's work ordered more than enough Greek food, he got leftovers.   I can't tell yet if I need less sleep now that I'm no longer eating animal products.  I think that may be the case but because I am adapting to polyphasic sleep right now, it's hard to say.  I hope to go to Mother's Market later today and pick up a lot more produce (I miss my carrot apple celery juice), steel cut oats, vegan butter and maybe some more vegan ice cream.  I still have trouble believing how amazing that ice cream was!

I'm planning to meet a friend for boba later today.  I googled it and as far as I can tell, the actual tapioca is vegan so it's just a matter of getting a drink that doesn't have milk or cream in it.  I'm a little bummed since I love the thai tea with milk.  I'll survive and be stronger for it.

The dinner I had on Saturday was for Boyfriend's and my 6 month-iversary.  We went to a restaurant called Vegan Glory in LA.  I ordered pad thai, a smoothie and carrot cake.  Incredibly delicious. It's making me hungry to think about it now. Yum!  So Vegan Glory has been added to the list of yummy vegan food places.  Boyfriend admitted to liking it too. It's a win-win sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment