Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tip 2-Constantly Try to Reduce Your Attachment To Possesions

Today is an excellent day for this.  My living space is looking especially cluttered so I can combine this tip with a little clutter management and perhaps some laundry to make things clean and shiny.

Since today is the very first day of utilizing this tip, I'm going to get rid of 10-15 things.  I don't know what yet.  There's a big difference between tidying up and and returning borrowed things and actually donating or throwing out material objects that you like.  I'm going to start small I think.  I have a lot on my plate right now and I don't want to burn out.  My friends that live a few houses down are 15,13 and 11 (the girls ages) and they would love some of the beauty products that I really don't need.  The 15 year old would probably love some of the books I have too.  With books especially, I'd rather share them than keep them on my shelf and not read them. 

Side story:
When we were younger, all the presents we gave them (my brother and I) would be books or toys that we were outgrowing.  Those girls received many many Barbies and books throughout the years and they always loved the pre-loved gifts.  I don't know why we stopped.  Maybe they're going to get pre-loved books this year.  Along with pretend tickets to watch movies with me.  They seem to like that.  Probably best to make use of that monstrously sized TV we have. :P

I'll add an edit to this later once I've figured out which things to remove from my life.  I hope to stay away from clothes and bedding.  You know what? I'm going to do this right now.  10-15 items.

15 minutes later...

So far, I've designated 11 items to be removed from my living space.  9 books as gifts, 1 as donate, and one of those sticky-roller things for pet hair.  I'll probably give it to Boyfriend since his apartment houses a cat that he likes to let into his drawers so said cat can rub fur on his clothes.

Well, it's not constant yet but I'm reducing my attachment to possessions.
To complete today's tips, I just need to memorize more of the Gettysburg address.  I'm very glad that I'll have it finished by the end of the week.  Especially when you consider that I started over a decade ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment