Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vegan Eating Day 4

So far, so good!
I'm using the juicer every day now.  Apple, celery and carrot is my favorite.  Orange juice is always good but I like mine with pulp and this juicer filters out all the pulp.  I almost want to put a scoop back in!

An old high school classmate contacted me when he saw a few facebook posts about vegan eating.  He's been eating vegan+eggs for 6 months now.  He says he lost 20 pounds and increased his running speed.  He gave me many tips for sticking with it and keeping a balanced diet.  He referenced an article about longevity.  http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/longevity

I'm looking forward to having a breakfast salad tomorrow morning.  I hope to purchase blackstrap molasses later today.  I love that the writer said that breakfast salad was something of a "sweet-topping delivery system."  The reason I love ranch so much is that you can put almost any vegetable underneath it and it becomes tasty.

I cooked butternut squash today.  I must have made a mistake because it was stringy on the inside and a little bit gross tasting.  I managed to toast the seeds very well though.

Yesterday, without thinking I picked up a piece of popcorn and ate it. Oops! Not vegan.  However, I did go to my favorite vegan restaurant (of the 2 I've been to) called Native Foods.  I always order the same thing, the Chicken Run Ranch burger, sweet potato fries with ranch and a glass of Watermelon Fresca. Delicious. Yesterday I traded out the watermelon fresca for a chocolate peppermint cupcake.  Vegan heaven!

Overall, I feel like I get hungry quicker but the food is not boring or gross.  I need to incorporate more protein I'm sure.  I'm hungry right now even though I just had lunch.  However, lunch included very little or no protein.  Soy jerky to the rescue! I'll make time sometime this weekend to read more about vegan eating. I'm hoping for the vegan cookbook Veganomicon for Christmas.  I believe that having recipes of well-balanced meals would help a ton.  In the meantime, I'll eat my vegetables and soy jerky.

No comments:

Post a Comment