Friday, December 17, 2010

Tip 5 Get fit!

This morning I woke up very early to do my young friend's hair for her school dance.  It was surprisingly easy to get up at 5:30AM instead of my usual 8AM.  If this is any indication of my ability to stick with a different sleep schedule, I may not have as much trouble with the Uberman as I would have thought. 

When I got back from getting her hair done at around 7:30AM, I turned on the TV.  I fully intended to watch something I recorded, nothing specific.  I saw that I had recorded a Slow-roebics workout from the FitTV channel. A channel that I am quickly learning to love.  I hit play to see what it would be like and the trainer said all you need is a pair of sneakers and an exercise mat. Well, I have sneakers and there is an abundance of yoga mats around this house so, I thought, "Why not?"

Tip 5: Get fit! (My edit: If that's what you want from life.)
Some people don't need to be fit to do what they like and be happy.  I like being active so becoming fit is important to me.

So, I jumped in, head first.  This all adds up to 40-50 minutes of working out this morning.  I don't know if I've ever felt "the burn" as acutely as I did this morning during one of the exercises.  Ouch! However, now that I'm done, I feel amazing.  Tip 5 has gone very well so far.  I have yet to decide on an exercise for tomorrow, but I have a variety of options.  My most comedic option is a Dancing With the Stars Cardio Workout DVD that I got for Christmas one year.  One of the dance leaders has an Australian accent that makes exercise far more fun.

I recently read a list of excuses and why they suck in January's copy of O Magazine.  I'm going to get a copy of the magazine for myself and put that list somewhere where I'll see it often.

I went vegan 5 days ago for the health benefits.  This morning my brother said that I had been really nice this week. We get along about as well as Palin and liberals do most of the time.  Perhaps I'm in a better mood because of my healthy eating.  I like to speculate and it's probably best that I don't.  I'm looking forward to the added benefits of exercise and being fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment