Thursday, December 23, 2010

Polyphasic Sleeping Day 4

I'm rather disappointed in myself this morning. I just woke up at about 7:30AM because I went back to sleep, after a 3 hour core nap, at around 5AM.  I definitely need to stop napping in my bed at night. It's most definitely too comfortable.  I'm going to keep going with the cycle though.  I don't feel any need to reset or start over.  I feel as though I'm more tired from sleeping 5 hours than I have been each time I wake up from a 20 minutes nap.

Last night before my core nap,  Boyfriend offered to wake himself up and then call me to help me wake up at 5AM.  I said no, he needs to sleep.  I've learned my lesson, I'm never turning down another wake-up call offer from Boyfriend.  The hardest part of oversleeping this time is that I picked up my phone, turned off the alarm, and lay back down because the bed was warm.  I exercised no self-discipline.  Today, I'm going to use Steve Pavlina's advice about getting up right when the alarm goes off. I'm going to practice waking up!  I just need to figure out what I want the first few things in my waking routine to be.

I'm learning more about my sleeping habits through this process and I'm always grateful to learn more.   That said, I need to re-train some of those habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment