Monday, December 13, 2010

Vegan Eating Day 1

So far so good. I had a little trouble last night with staying satiated.  Maybe it was a lack of protein, that's the common belief.  Maybe it wasn't related to vegan eating.  Sometimes I get hungry and stay hungry even when I eat.  I'm really looking forward to the benefits of vegan eating. You know, superpowers and all (Scott Pilgrim anyone?).

I met a friend of my brother's today.  She said she could never give up cheese so she's a vegetarian (as of 1 week ago) but she feels so much better already.  Meat based meals always gave her an upset stomach.  I tend to have an upset stomach very often so maybe this will help.

I made a long list of things to buy at Mother's Market or Trader Joe's. I'm fortunate enough to have both of those within a few miles of my house.  I also managed to find Tofu (on sale for $.79 a package) at Ralph's in LA yesterday.

I found vegan "butter" to put on my baked potatoes.  The boyfriend is excellent at making baked potatoes so I thought I would splurge a little on the butter. $6 for a medium sized tub. I wish I could remember how many ounces, but alas, I left it in LA.  It tastes alright.  Like margarine or the fake butter spray but vegetable based.  Actually, I used to despise adding butter to anything.  It was the fake butter spray that got me back onto this butter habit.

I'm looking forward to trying almond milk as well as soy yogurt. So far, I woke up with a stomach ache (which is not unusual for me) but have felt fine the rest of the day.  I'm a little bit nervous about running out of food that I can eat before I go shopping. Easily remedied but I'm hoping my mother will come with me this evening if she has time. If not, well I'd rather not shop right before the local kids get out of school. Other moms shop right before they pick their kids up, or right after. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me but the Mother's Market is withing a mile radius of a few elementary schools and a high school.

In other news, Boyfriend gifted me with the Mumford & Sons CD called Sigh No More. It makes me feel good. Both the music and knowing that he remembered that I like them. I'm unbelievably fortunate to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment