Monday, December 20, 2010

Polyphasic Sleeping Days 1-2

Wow. So I tried to start last night but slept much longer than intended.  I restarted with more determination.  So far, so...well, I'm doing it, okay?  My next nap is in half an hour.  I'm doing the SPAMAYL (Sleep Polyphasically as much as you like) with the Uberman as a guide.  I would like to be on the Uberman schedule at some point.  That's 6 20-30 minutes naps a day at 3.5 hours apart.

Right now I'm trying to stay up so that when I wake up from my next nap 3:45AM-4:15AM I'll only have a few hours before some daylight and my parents waking up.  I've taken probably 4 naps today (yesterday technically) using my boyfriend as my timer.  It's perfect because he can tell when I finally fall asleep so I don't need to wake up to reset my alarm.  Now I'm at home so I have to allow an extra few minutes to fall asleep.  I'm concerned that part of the adaptation is going to involve learning to fall asleep quickly as opposed to allowing 20 minutes to fall asleep and 20 minutes to be asleep.

This is going to be very difficult but I'm looking forward to the experience and results.  I was originally planning to start on Christmas but this will be interesting.  Positive thinking should go a long way to help with this.  As Steve Pavlina mentions in his 60 day update on his polyphasic sleeping,  he made sure that mentally failing was not really an option.  I'm doing the same.  If I fail, it will be because my body can't handle it, not because I convince myself that going back to sleep is a good idea or because I don't like being cold (from sleep deprivation).

I'm hungry right now but I'm hoping to use that as another motivator to get out of bed at the end of my nap.  I have the volume on my phone alarm turned up all the way.  I won't sleep through that noise.  I'm really looking forward to this nap now.  Goodnight...morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment