Monday, December 20, 2010

Polyphasic Sleeping Day 2

Update time!  This morning I took a nap that I woke up from around 4:15AM, I then managed to stay awake for a while before taking another nap around 6AM. After that nap, I waited 20 minutes and took another one.  If I had given myself rules and restrictions, I might have called that cheating. 

I overslept at my 12PM nap.  I'm using my cell phone alarm and I can't tell if I never set the alarm to "on" or if I turned it off and went back to sleep.  Boyfriend recommended putting my phone across the room.  That sounds like a pretty good idea to me, so I will do that for my 4:30PM nap.  I'm trying to space them 3.5 hours apart like the Uberman cycle.

I was having a lot of trouble with staying awake in between the 8AM and 12PM naps.  It occurred to me to stand up and move.  As soon as I walked around the room a bit, I felt much more awake.  I then had no problem staying awake even when I sat back down and watched a movie.

I'm keeping exercise light.  I don't want to exhaust myself and oversleep.  This morning I did about half an hour of yoga from the exercise channel on my TV.  It was very relaxing but didn't make me sleepy.

I've read that not knowing what to do with the extra 30-40 hours a week could easily be my demise.  I have enough hobby type things that I can direct my attention between that I'm not too concerned.  Since I'm very in to ballet videos right now and youtube is rather wonderful, I feel that I can keep myself occupied.  Even though it is winter break from school and I don't have a job, I can come up with enough things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment