Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tips 3-4

Tip 3. Develop an endless curiosity about this world.
I had a bit of difficulty implementing this one immediately.  I've been using it mostly in little ways.  Little experiments, what happens if I do this? Like a child, a very curious child.  Perhaps this one is difficult because I already feel like a I have a limitless curiosity.  I think I'll keep this tip in my back pocket and use it when I find the opportunity.

Tip 4. Remember people's names.
I think this one will also be in my back pocket.  Some of the tips on this list aren't so much "Do it now!" kinds as others.  I do remember that the manager at the coffee house I went to yesterday is named Tina.  The English professor whose class I'd like to name has had her name tattooed into my brain.  I'm good with names when I'm not flustered or in a hurry.  I'll make it my mission to be un-flustered and un-hurried.

Previous Tips
I'm still memorizing the Gettysburg Address.  I decided to memorize a verse of a song yesterday instead of Abe's speech. (I feel close to Abraham Lincoln, he was my favorite president as a kid, hence the nickname.)

I did not physically reduce my attachment to possessions yesterday aside from a shirt or two.  I did de-clutter my living space a little bit. I don't like getting rid of books.  I'd rather get rid of whatever else I have.  I'm aware that a book is a possession.  I do feel that books are slightly different.  That's not to say that I'm going to re-read the books I have.  A lot of them should be donated or given to friends.  I want the space created by the things I remove to improve my bedroom rather than leave open spaces on book shelves and clutter in the corners.

Regardless of the progress I'm making, I feel good about wanting to make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment